Monday 29 November 2010

Chloé Spring 2011 Collection

Chloé. I always loved this brand and I will always do. I wanna carry their perfume everyday for the rest of my live (my boyfriend is allergic to it, unfortunately). And I would be willing to carry a Chloé bag for the rest of my life as well. If I could ever afford one.

Chloé was founded 1952 by Gaby Aghion, an Egyptian-born Parisienne. She is described as a dark beauty with a bohemian spirit and invented "luxurious pret-a-porter". Which was a rejection again the stiff formality of the 50's fashion and included soft, body conscious clothes made from soft fabrics.
She and her business partner Jacques Lenoir chose the brand name "Chloé" for its warm and feminine appeal which went very well with the new mood in Paris: Youthful and modern in design, and slightly audacious in spirit.
In the 70's Chloé became an iconic fashion brand dressing beautiful women such as Brigitte Bardot, Grace Kelly and Jackie Kennedy. From then on big designer such as Karl Lagerfeld (1966), Stella McCartney (1997) and Hannah McGibbon (2008) worked for this french house and made sure that Chloe's vision of romantic, female fashion lives on.

This moodboard shows old collections from (see by) Chloé I really liked and the main colours influencing the fashion house. All set in Paris. One of the most beautiful cities. At the moment I prefer See by Chloé as it is younger, fresher and more fun but still manages to retain the ultra-feminine personality from it's sophisticated sibling.




They even used a song of one of my favourite artists: Likke Li! Oh, Chloé! You and me, we belong together! I wanna do an internship for you. And probably need a french-crash-course to revive my french skills.

Here my fav pieces of the Spring 2011 Collection:

Pict 1: Soft and rock, silk and leather, brown and black? Why not! Pict 2: Jeans and beige trousers. Notice. Pict 3: Thai silk trousers? I should get some when I'm in Thailand the next time. Noticed. Pict 4: FINALLY a leather skirt which is floaty and gives my bum enough space. Please hightstreet brands, produce a skirt like this! Needed!



Pict 1: Beautiful bag. Pict 2: Finally a leather dress which doesn't look tacky or is body-con. Pict 3: See by Chloés version of a greek goddess dress. Pict 4: Beautiful detailed blouse. Pict 4: Like the purple-green combo. Ohh and the socks in the shoes of course as well.

 Soapi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time & reading my post! I love hearing back from my readers, leave me a comment (:

ShareThis