Wednesday 10 November 2010

What a lovely day...

 Bright blue sky and sunshine today. This didn't happen to often in the past weeks so we used this beautiful day to go to the Nottingham Contemporary.



At the moment they go an exhibition called: The British Art Show 7 and is held every five years. It is shown in three different venues in Nottingham (Nottingham Contemporary, New Art Exchange and Nottingham Castle) and presens all new and recent works by contemporary british artists. It seems like All in all it was very interesting and broaden my knowledge about British art.


I really like Alasdair Grays artwork (picture above). He is from Glasgow and studied at Glasgow School of Art. He has worked as a teacher, painter, illustrator, playwright, scene painter, essayist, poet and novelist so far.


Wolfgang Tillmann "Freischwimmer"


In the Small Collection Room was a north Italian walnut and ebony cabinet. Im fascinated by old furniture and their story. In the NCA you can open every drawer and discover what inside. Wouldn't that be a lovely idea for a shop?



I love the way the café looks like in the museum. It's very modern but filled with 70 inspired sofas, warm lightening, fun wall decoration and graphic pattern on curtains.


I enjoyed having a hot chocolate (love the design of the cup, slightly asymmetrical) & had a Lemon Drizzle Cake the 1st time in my life. Nom. Nom. Nom.

Soapi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time & reading my post! I love hearing back from my readers, leave me a comment (:

ShareThis