Wednesday 2 February 2011

Black Swan, what a masterpiece!

First of all I owe you an apology for not showing up in the blogospehere for quite a while. Finally I handed in my water bottle report for Jack Wolfskin and recovered the last days from all that work.

Today I went to the cinema to watch Black Swan. I love Ballet and I will always do - although I quit it after 6 years. I read a lot of negative reviews about this movie but I really don't know why.
In my opinion it is a beautiful and shocking masterpiece of work. Natalie Portman's performance was really impressive as I had no idea what an amazing dancer she actually is and the costumes were stunning and inspiring pieces designed by the sister Laura und Kate Mulleavy (Rodarte). 


These stunning costumes reminded me a lot of some Ballet inspired/floaty dresses I've seen in the Summer/Spring 2011 season. 

Here a little overview:



Magnificant hair jewellery by Marchesa SS11

I recommend everyone to watch Black Swan and not only because I've fallen for the beauty of Ballet and their costumes. This movie is a quite mad and exciting psychodrama, starring talented actors such as beautiful Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis and teaches us that no one is perfect. Especially not in a world where beauty and success seems to be the most important thing in our life.

Soapi



Photos of rodarte sketches from StyleRookie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time & reading my post! I love hearing back from my readers, leave me a comment (:

ShareThis