Monday 13 December 2010

Vintage Fair Nottingham

On saturday I went to another Vintage Fair at Spanky Van Dykes in Nottingham. It was absolutely fun to go there as there were so many different stalls with absolutely beautiful vintage clothes and accessories. Although it was a bit dark in there I managed to find a nice present for my sister. As I don't want to ruin the surprise I will wait and post a photo of it after christmas.

I've gone to every single Vintage Fair in Nottingham since I live here. Every time again it is very inspirational to see clothes from the 20's/30's/40's/50's/60's/70's/80's and I wonder what can be the fashion of the 21st century describes as? To me it seems like we live in the past. We copy the boho style or 80's look, keep their main element and combine it with something new. Vintage fairs and shops are very successful selling dusty old clothes from people whose life stories we don't even know. The whole "Vintage-Hype" shows not only how many people cling to the past but also that they seek for old-fashioned traditions and values in their life. Expressed in their style.



Click on Judy's Affordable Vintage Fair to find out more

The internet is full of amazing, good-quality vintage shops. Today I just discovered a new one on lesmads, it is called: F. Kids. I really like their online shop as it has a simple navigation and a "Shop by look" section. It is an affordable vintage online shop offering everything what a true vintage hunter needs.
1. Margete Blouse, vollants, lace, rose pattern
2. "Chinoise" Jumpsuit (my lecturer Tim would probably love it?), 70's
3. "Asta" Boots, real leather with fur trimmed (rabbit)
4. "Nunka Black" scarf, 100% silk, 50's
5. "Mohawke" scarf, 80's


Soapi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time & reading my post! I love hearing back from my readers, leave me a comment (:

ShareThis