Sunday 27 March 2011

A day at Darling & Darimeya in London.

Last monday I had the great opportunity to see the A/W11 collections of Darling and Darimeya in London. Darlings showroom (just around the corner from Topshop/Oxford street!) is absolutely beautiful. White walls, cute teapots, plates on the walls and cupcakes reflected their romantic-vintage brand image very well. My favourite pieces from the collection are defintely the two coats with lace details in burgundy and dark jade green  (not only because I'm obsessed with jackets in general). Also it was also refreshing to see another form of lace. This time it is influenced by the fringing trend of S/S11 and makes the dress look more edgy and playful. I'm in love with Darling since Pure London 2010 but their new showroom and collection made me realise that I can easily imagine myself working for this brand.







The next stop was Darimeyas showroom on Portobello Road. This brand stands out because of their super cute, unique prints on silky dresses. One of the dresses I loved was floaty and teal with white polkadots. Very vintagy, very cute. I remember a time when I couldn't stand polkadots at all. I felt sick when I saw a shirt with it. I hope this feeling doesn't return too soon. At the moment I feel this way about camel coloured things. I'm very glad that A/W11 will bring back rusty oranges and deep reds. On monday I combined my chunky boots and leather jacket with a floaty, feminine, pleated midi skirt (Monki) and light yellow, knotted top (Topshop). I just love mixing soft and hard materials to create my look.



Soapi

2 comments:

  1. The store is so gorgeous! and i love your maxi skirt, so pretty!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore your skirt & the store interiors are lovely. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time & reading my post! I love hearing back from my readers, leave me a comment (:

ShareThis