Thursday 28 October 2010

CONVERSE EXCLUSIVE MUSIC COLLABORATION

Walking back home I recognised a new advert from CONVERSE! 

                               

It was a bit surprising to see an Converse advert on a random wall but I quite like it as it suits their urban style. I also got a free wristband in town which has attached USB key (clever clever marketing strategy). When you use it it opens the Converse website automatically and explains what all these things mean. 

The collaboration is the start of Converse’s year-long celebration of UK music scenes creativity and diversity!

Hot Chip, Bernard Sumner and Hot City have collaborated on a unique track for Converse. Didn’t Know What Love Was. And oh wonder...you can find the song on the USB key. My heart jumped when I read Hot Chip is part of this song. I just love their 90s electro music!
Also I read that there will be a series of remixes by other UK acts and another single in January. "It will feature Paloma Faith, Blur’s Graham Coxon and Bill Ryder-Jones, formerly of The Coral, uniting new talent with UK icons to create another world first." Oh how exciting! Also there is a Converse Tour, supported by Vice, especially for students. 
  • 5 different cities in England (London, Bristol, Nottingham, Sheffield, Liverpool)
  • Unique indie venues (hipsters paradies)
  • Inspired by iconic genres of British music (punk to Britpop to dubstep)


Unfortunately I didn't go to the Converse/Vice party last night as I was too tired BUT there is still plenty of time to go to another one! Here are the Tour Dates!

I'll check the Converse website regularly now...seems like Converses marketing team did a really good job!

Soapi


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time & reading my post! I love hearing back from my readers, leave me a comment (:

ShareThis