Friday 12 November 2010

LONDON BABY!

London, my love! Oh how I missed you. You beautiful city with astonishing architecture, thousands of shops and inspirational inhabitants.

Yesterday I visited the fashion exhibition at V&A and spent the rest of the day on Oxford Street and Camden. It was a rainy day but isn't it like this everywhere in England? The christmas lights were switched on and I was amazed by Selfridges & Harrods windows. Camden was exciting as always. Many inspirational & individual people paired with unusual shops. Although I liked the vintage shops, I didn't buy anything. What a shame. I was looking for a big brown, leather bag (satchel?) but didn't find one I wanted to spend money on. Therefore I have seen many many nice capes. Woolen, red, black, fur hooded ones. Everything I would crave for. But unfortunately too expensive for me at the moment. And also I'm not sure if a cape would keep me warm enough. I rather prefer my good old parka.
Food-wise I was impressed my the V&A café. It looks absolutely breathtaking gorgeous in there! The food is slightly expensive but probably quite cheap for londoner prices. They have a little french deli section, cakes, roast pork/chicken, soups, wraps and much more. Definitely worth going there! For the long way back to Nottingham (4 hours on the bus!!!) I decided to get some thai food from Camden. 4.50 for thai green curry chicken, noodles, chrispy chicken + Drink. Not a bad price for yummy food.



Wedding Dress

Chanel

Barbara Hulanicki (BIBA) 1970

"Device for rotating the fashionmachine"

Cheeky take of the LBD by Moschino 1988. Constructed from a Petticoat and 20 bras.

1970s

SHOCKED! WHAT IS A JUICY COUTURE TRACKSUIT DOING  AT THE V&A!?

The MOST beautiful dress I have ever seen. Jean Patou (1932-34) simple shape. delicate colour. paris.




Daydress. 1890. High neck, fitted bodice, slightly bustled skirt. Black and ivory create a dramatic effect, softened by delicate black lace and the rows of narrow chiffon ribbons. 




Alexander McQueen. Spring/Summer 2010. Digitally printed silk satin. RIP

Christian Lacroix (1996, Paris) chiné-printed silk taffeta and lace, sequins, pastes and beads


Chanel (1930s) timeless and beautiful


V&A Café and Bar


Foxes seem to be everywhere

Peacock Room!




Chocolate bag my Moschino. Fashion and chocolate are both guilty pleasures, aren't they?

Bershkas window display.

Suprise! Suprise! Another fox!

Oxford Street

Selfridges





Chanel December 2010






Topshop

Miss Selfridges

Bikes are everywhere! Urban Outfitters.


Glasses from Urban Outfitters. Fur collar (Mum). Beige leather jacket with quilted shoulders (Vero Moda).
 Brown t-shit (Monki).

Bag at Topshop. 

hatmania


Camden

All Saints



I would like to have an old suitcase but it must be a very big one to put all my stuff for Germany in there.

Fantastic Vintage Shop in Camden. I bought my fur coat from there. Good prices, good quality, friendly people. If you are from London: A part-time job is available! I would apply if I could.


Soapi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time & reading my post! I love hearing back from my readers, leave me a comment (:

ShareThis